We only partner with wine producers certified by trusted third-party authorities in organic, biodynamic, eco-labels, and responsible winemakers who sign the VIVANT Pledge.
A. GRAPE GROWING
Pledged by Partners who are not eco-certified (e.g. AB, Ecocert, Biodyvin or Demeter):
- No use of synthetic chemical herbicides, including but not limited to products containing glyphosate.
- No use of synthetic chemical fungicides, not including Bordeaux mixture: copper and sulfur.
- No use of synthetic chemical insecticides, including but not limited to Imidacloprid.
- No use of technological processes which alter the constitution, color, and/or flavor of the wine, including but not limited to reverse osmosis.
- No use of inputs or additives which alter the constitution, color, and/or flavor of the wine; including but not limited to oak chips and the addition of caramel.
- The provenance of the grapes and oenological products can be traced and identified. Winemakers can clearly identify and prove the origins of their grapes and products used in the winemaking process.
- The place where the wine has been vinified, matured, and bottled can be traced and identified. Winemakers can prove where they vinified, matured, and bottled their wine.
D. WORKPLACE EQUALITY
Workplace diversity and non-discrimination regardless of sex, sexual orientation, race, or religion … and VIVANT adheres to this principle. Equal pay for equal work.